Do you have a website built to be fast?
A faster website creates a better user experience, low bounce rates, improves ROI, and conversion rates. Google indicates site speed (and as a result, page speed) an algorithm signal to rank pages. Having a fast website for Google, and your users is more important than ever. I offer three packages for page speed optimization service. They range from basic to advanced. With all plans some of the effects you’ll see after implementing my services, include decreased bounce rate and extended time-on-page. In addition, overtime, you’ll most likely see an increase in conversions and even revenue year over year.
I feel the need—the need for speed!*
To speak with an experienced strategist, contact me.
Make your Users Happy
Websites that load fast create happy users. Fast websites keep users around. Does your website keep your users around? PageSpeed or load time is crucial to your customers and for great SEO. Ensure that your website loads quickly for visitors. Slow websites losevisitors, and lose conversions. Nearly half of web searchers won’t even wait three seconds for a page to load before leaving your website. Page speed optimization services from Albany Viking can make sure your site loads fast!
Benefits of Improving Site Speed
If you have a website that needs help improving load times, I can help. Getting your website to load at top speeds is my priority. Some of the effects you’ll see after implementing my service include faster load times, decreased bounce rate and extended time your customers spend on your website.
- Better Search Ranking – How fast a web page loads is a very important search engine ranking factor for Google. Since it is a ranking factor, faster sits leads to higher rank in the search engine results, which will, in return, attract additional customers.
- More Visitors – The added benefit of better ranking brings more traffic consisting of more visitors to your website.
- Better Conversion Rates – Page speed has a huge impact on user behavior. Faster sites lead to better conversion rates. Good conversion rates on your website lead to higher revenue or sales. User that encounter a slow site are plain unforgiving.
- Make the most of ad money spent – Having a fast site ensures you are making the most of Adwords and Facebook ads, and other PPC leads that come to your website since speed is a huge user experience factor and will determine if they stay or go.
- Increase User Engagement – Make your visitors experience more pleasurable, provide what they are looking for quick.
- Lower Hosting/CDN Costs – In some cases an I can help you to cut off your hosting/CDN expenses by alternative services, performing optimization, or utilizing better technology.
I have been offering this as a service for over five years, before page speed optimization for SEO purposes became popular. I provide this service to ensure that your business or eCommerce site is serving up your information as quickly as possible to its visitors within the capabilities of your platform and host.
Fast is the Only Option
Speed is tied to a websites success. Everyone wants a fast site. Your visitors want it, Google wants it (they want to serve up a site users are happy with), it better be delivered. The connection between page a snappy site and SEO is huge, and it’s exactly why your pages need to load quickly.
Google’s search match what a users results to their queries and to pages or sites that give an excellent user experience. Having a fast loading site is required for a great excellent user experience, and it is generally only achieve with a well developed, properly coded website on fast hosting.
What do your Services Include?
It depends on the plan or service but in general all services include:
- Initial consultation
- Assessment and report of the site speed using 3rd party tools
- Clear list of items to be addresses for the site speed project
- Optimization of images, properly sizing images and making images fast to load
- Serving scaled images
- Specify image dimensions
- Losslessly compression of images
- Clean up of code, optimization of code and databases
- Minification of site wide assets
- Add expires headers
- Remove query strings
- Setup of browser caching
- Minimize redirects
- Removing bloat
- Review of plugins including high resource plugins (WordPress sites)
- Database optimization and cleanup, post revisions (WordPress sites)
- Properly renaming any modified assets
- Optimization of images, properly sizing images and making images fast to load
- Basic or In-depth report post optimization showing improvement of home page, other pages, Google PageSpeed score and GTMetrix Score improvements
Advanced offered include:
- Rebuild of website
- Switching platforms
- Help with switching to lightweight themes, migration off of slow page builders
- Migrate to a faster host (if using shared hosting or if your hosting is an issue)
- Setup and/or configuration of a CDN if required
- SSL Certificate setup if needed
- PHP upgrades on eisting hosting
I use 3rd party web based industry-leading tools such as GTMetrix and Google PageSpeed Insights to accurately gauge your site and what needs to be improved before completing the work, and to compare the improvements once complete to ensure I have done it right.
Before we look at more advanced items like SEO, keyword ranking, or paid advertising it is best to make sure your make sure your visitors do not have technical issue on your site with an technical SEO audit and the site is fast with a speed audit. Of all the of the issues a website can have, taking forever is one of the worst.
WordPress Speed Optimization
I will optimize your WordPress or WooCommerce site. Save time, rank higher, increase inquiries and sell more with my WordPress speed optimization service. Improving the speed of your WordPress site should be a high priority. The first few seconds are very decisive for your visitors.
eCommerce is tied to speed
Slow-Loading websites account for 21% of shopping carts being abandonment, and another 15% timed out on eCommerce websites.
Do you see a trend? People do not wait.
Direct from the Authority
Google has directly has published as part of its webmaster guidelines as far back as 2011 “You may have heard that here at Google we’re obsessed with speed, in our products and on the web. As part of that effort, today we’re including a new signal in our search ranking algorithms: site speed. Site speed reflects how quickly a website responds to web requests.Speeding up websites is important — not just to site owners, but to all Internet users. Faster sites create happy users and we’ve seen in our internal studies that when a site responds slowly, visitors spend less time there. But faster sites don’t just improve user experience; recent data shows that improving site speed also reduces operating costs. Like us, our users place a lot of value in speed — that’s why we’ve decided to take site speed into account in our search rankings.”
In January 2018, Google announced its Speed Update as part of its webmaster guidelines, states that mobile speed is now a part of ranking factors. Both a websites desktop and mobile rankings can change due to site speed.
Google takes notice if a website has a high bounce rate and one of the reasons can be sluggishness, and sites that do see a drop in search engine rankings. That’s because Google notes the correlation between high bounce rate and a bad user experience.
Does it matter what hosting provider I’m using?
I work any hosting provider. I understand that different websites have different needs and that people have realistic budgets that they have to meet. Keep in mind who you choose for a host, what type of plan and server location are all huge factors in speed. Sometimes enhancements do mean moving you off a slow shared host or hosting server with issues.
How much does page speed optimization cost?
Every freelancer, company or agency will likely offer different packages or services and have different costs. At this time I do not have set costs as each project is different. I work make the most out of the service sometimes that means a one or more rounds of optimizations. Other times it can be more in-depth like updating a site, cleaning code or upgrading hosting.
Additional SEO Services
Get started today!
Ready for success? Contact me to start on your PageSpeed optimization. Google and users love a fast site.
* This line is spoken by Maverick, played by Tom Cruise in Top Gun. In the film his character needs to go fast. Website’s feel that need.